Monday, 5 April 2010

Thanks for nothing NHS.

Sunday, 4 April 2010
Thanks for nothing NHS.
I believe in my last blog on this thing I was talking about being sick and my horrible ear problems. Well, it took 18 months (!) to get an appointment with the ear specialist. That's right, a year and a half! So, I had tests done and all that. Turns out I have a small amount of hearing loss in my right ear and pretty bad tinnitus that is also permanent. This is all because the NHS just couldn't find a place to squeeze me in for an appointment in a year and a half!
I hate this country.

I now have some more health issues, they are dragging their feet with those too. I am in constant pain all day, every day. I can't take Codeine so the best they can do is Paracetamol and anti-inflammatories! DO NOT tell me that there are no other pain killers in the UK that don't contain Codeine. I don't believe much of what they tell me anymore. All I will say is that if I was back home in the US I would have been treated (very well) already.
Don't tell me to go back home. You don't know my story.
Britain can kiss my ass.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You don't want the UK to kiss your arse, you never know what else you get, this country is shit when it comes to health.

Nice to see you on Blogger hen :)

Brenna said...

I just can't understand why everything takes so damn long. I've been in bed for two months! This wouldn't happen back home... where I SHOULD be.

Aye, I felt the need to blog.

Unknown said...

This place is so unkind to its residents, your not along in this feeling, I came off my bike way back in the summer, its been xrayed and stuff and yet it still hurts like hell, and like yourself I can only take paracetamol and that don't even touch the pain I get in the shoulder or arm.

Which is quite a close call since my arm was the thing that I noticed I had a bloody heart attack, lucky for me I worked in health and know how to badger the think heading twits.

Still we should not need to badger them, its hard enough as it is living with pain, and having to deal with emotional pain as well, I wonder what Rab C would say? :)

Brenna said...

Don't know what Rab would say.
I'm now in too much pain to function so I lay here all day watcing birds and sleeping. My body is weak because I can't get up and do anything because of the pain.
They must be getting money from the people who make paracetemol since that's all they give.
Even my GP is angry. He sent in my pee sample marked urgent over two months ago. This was for my kidneys and he hasn't heard anything from them yet.
I wanna go home. :(